Thursday, December 1, 2011

Out of Class Activities 1-4

So I have defiantly been slacking on typing up my out of class activities and I'm sorry the semester is almost over and I'm just now typing them but "better late than never" right?! Haha

1st Out of Class Activity: Heads vs. Feds Debate
Carolina Productions put on a pretty interesting debate in Russell House between Steve Hager, the editor of High Times Magazine and Robert Stutman, a DEA vet. It was pretty cool to see how many people actually showed up. I thought I showed up late but more and more people just kept coming in after me. It awesome Carolina Productions actual was able to find people willing to debate on such an "hot-topic" issue that has been going on for some years now. Even though I support the legalization of marijuana, I was impressed by the good points that Stutman presented in his argument. Even though the debate was heated at some times, they didn't let their differences is views change the amount of respect they had for each other.  My opinion didn't change after the debate but I was glad to see the views of an another person.

2nd Out of Class Activity: Showcase
Homecoming week was sooooooooo hype! It was a great freshman experience being able to go to all the different events around campus. For showcase, one of the senior captains for University Ambassadors was nominated and performing for the event, his name is Ned Durrett. It was really great to see the diversity in our school being represented by so many different people in Showcase and them being able to show everyone their talents and hear their successes during their time here at USC. Even though Ned didn't win Homecoming King he was crowned Homecoming Prince, even though I though his performance with his band was really good. Overall I glad I went.

3rd Out of Class Activity: Struts and Spurs
At first I really did not want to go to this but I was in a bind for out of class activities. I'm glad I went though because it was pretty entertaining to see the different frats and sororities having a dance off, in front of a legit panel of judges and a ton of students. I went with Matt Van Dyne, we had a pretty good time but I would defiantly not be able to get up and attempt to dance in front of a good amount of students because I would make a complete fool of myself.I honestly don't remember the name of the sorority with the best performance but my favorite was the one with the guys who threw money at the girls, I thought that was hilarious, too bad that they had to redo their entire routine because the music got messed up.


4 Out of Class Activity: Step Show:
For the entire homecoming week all I was hearing about was how awesome the step show was. Literally the entire week, that's all I heard, so I defiantly had to drop in. First off, their was a TON of people their, people that didn't even go to USC were there. One of my favorite movies is "Stomp the Yard" so I was defiantly interested to see if the show would be anything like it haha. It was sorta like it but not really, probably because that's a movie and this real life, but anyways the show was awesome and the Kappas did work. Plus their were a ton of girls there who all seemed willingly to talk. It was a great way to wrap up my out of class activities.

No comments:

Post a Comment