Thursday, December 1, 2011

Diversity

Again sorry this took so long to write, I've been off my blogging game. In class before break we went over diversity. The first thought that comes to mind when I think about diversity is race and ethnicity but it was cool to see how diversity is not just a word to describe those traits.  The word I was given was HIV+/AIDS which sucked, that defiantly is a tough one to get. It was disheartening to hear some of the stereotypes that they would receive and some of things people thought. I was really surprised when I opened my envelope and was given the story of a man who didn't receive AIDS through sexual behaviors, instead he was infected with the disease through a blood transfusion while he was trying to save his life. It was defiantly sad to hear but it hurt that I had made judgements about the mans sexuality and that honestly had nothing to do with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment